- Bartlett’s Annotated ITAR (2017) by James E. Bartlett III
- Bartlett’s Annotated FTR (2017) by James E. Bartlett III
- Bartlett’s Annotated NISPOM (2013) by James E. Bartlett III
- United States Export Controls, Seventh 7th Edition (2015), by John R. Liebman, Roszel C. Thomsen, and James E. Bartlett III. Law Journal Press, ed. ALM.
- Gillessen, G.C.Y. and M.E. Farrell. “Compliance Creates Alliance: FCC’s ICP Framework.” Full Circle Compliance. April 7, 2016.
Are Your Copies of Regulations Up to Date?
- ATF ARMS IMPORT REGULATIONS: 27 CFR Part 447-Importation of Arms, Ammunition, and Implements of War
– Last Amendment: 15 Jan 2016: 81 FR 2657-2723: Machineguns, Destructive Devices and Certain Other Firearms; Background Checks for Responsible Persons of a Trust or Legal Entity With Respect To Making or Transferring a Firearm
- CUSTOMS REGULATIONS: 19 CFR, Ch. 1, Pts. 0-199
– Last Amendment: 27 Jan 2017: 82 FR 8589-8590: Delay of Effective Date for Importations of Certain Vehicles and Engines Subject to Federal Antipollution Emission Standards; and 82 FR 8590: Delay of Effective Date for Toxic Substance Control Act Chemical Substance Import Certification Process Revisions.
- DOD NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY PROGRAM OPERATING MANUAL (NISPOM): DoD 5220.22-M
– Last Amendment: 18 May 2016: Change 2: Implement an insider threat program; reporting requirements for Cleared Defense Contractors; alignment with Federal standards for classified information systems; incorporated and canceled Supp. 1 to the NISPOM (Summary here.).
- EXPORT ADMINISTRATION REGULATIONS (EAR): 15 CFR Subtit. B, Ch. VII, Pts. 730-774
– Last Amendments: 22 Jun 2017: 82 FR 28405-28410: Russian Sanctions: Addition of Certain Entities to the Entity List
- FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL REGULATIONS (OFAC FACR): 31 CFR, Parts 500-599, Embargoes, Sanctions, Executive Orders
– Last Amendment: 16 Jun 2017: 82 FR 27613-27614: Removal of Burmese Sanctions Regulations.
- FOREIGN TRADE REGULATIONS (FTR): 15 CFR Part 30
– Last Amendment: 19 Apr 2017: 82 FR 18383-18393: Foreign Trade Regulations: Clarification on Filing Requirements
– HTS codes that are not valid for AES are available here.
– The latest edition (19 Apr 2017) of Bartlett’s Annotated FTR (“BAFTR”), by James E. Bartlett III, is available for downloading in Word format. The BAFTR contains all FTR amendments, FTR Letters and Notices, a large Index, and footnotes containing case annotations, practice tips, and Census/AES guidance. Subscribers receive revised copies every time the FTR is amended. The BAFTR is available by annual subscription from the Full Circle Compliance website. BITAR subscribers are entitled to a 25% discount on subscriptions to the BAFTR. Please contact us to receive your discount code.
- HARMONIZED TARIFF SCHEDULE OF THE UNITED STATES (HTS, HTSA or HTSUSA), 1 Jan 2017: 19 USC 1202 Annex. (“HTS” and “HTSA” are often seen as abbreviations for the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States Annotated, shortened versions of “HTSUSA”.)
– Last Amendment: 26 Apr 2017: Harmonized System Update 1703, containing 2,512 ABI records and 395 harmonized tariff records.
– HTS codes for AES are available here.
– HTS codes that are not valid for AES are available here.
- INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR): 22 C.F.R. Ch. I, Subch. M, Pts. 120-130, and scroll down to “SUBCHAPTER M”.
– Latest Amendment: 11 Jan 2017: 82 FR 3168-3170: 2017 Civil Monetary Penalties Inflationary Adjustment
– The only available fully updated copy (latest edition 8 Mar 2017) of the ITAR with all amendments is contained in Bartlett’s Annotated ITAR (“BITAR”), by James E. Bartlett III. The BITAR contains all ITAR amendments to date, plus a large Index, over 750 footnotes containing case annotations, practice tips, DDTC guidance, and explanations of errors in the official ITAR text. Subscribers receive updated copies of the BITAR in Word by email, usually revised within 24 hours after every ITAR amendment. The BITAR is available by annual subscription from the Full Circle Compliance website. BAFTR subscribers receive a 25% discount on subscriptions to the BITAR, please contact us to receive your discount code.
- Nunn-Wolfowitz Task Force Report: Industry “Best Practices” Regarding Export Compliance Programs. King & Spalding, July 25, 2000.
- The District of Columbia Sentencing and Criminal Code Revision Commission. “Voluntary Sentencing Guidelines Manual.” DC Sentencing and Criminal Code Revision Commission, June 18, 2012.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). “OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.” OECD, May 25, 2011.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). “Business Approaches to Combatting Corrupt Practices.” OECD, June 2003.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security. “Compliance Guidelines: How to Develop an Effective Export Management and Compliance Program and Manual.” Bureau of Industry and Security, June 2011.
- U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. “Compliance Program Guidelines.” Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
- Woolf Committee. “Business Ethics, Global Companies and the Defence Industry.” BAE Systems, May 8, 2008.
U.S. Regulating Agencies
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- Census Bureau
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
- DEA’s Diversion Control Program
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
U.S. Export Regulations, Schedules, Guidelines, & Notices
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Federal Register Notices Affecting the EAR
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Office of Foreign Assets Controls Regulations (OFAC)
- Export Control Reform Initiative (ECRI)
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- BIS EMS Guidelines
- Shipper’s Export Declaration (SED)
Restricted Parties Lists
- Export.gov Consolidated Screening List
- BIS Entity List
- BIS Denied Parties List
- BIS Unverified Parties List
- DDTC Debarred Parties List
- OFAC Specially Designated Nationals List
- OFAC Foreign Sanctions Evaders List
- OFAC Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List
International Export Controls/Regimes
- Wassenaar Arrangement
- The Australia Group
- Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- Missile Technology Control Regime (MCTR)
- Chemical and Biological Weapons Resource Page
- E.U. Export Controls
- Canadian Export Controls and Regulations
- United Kingdom Export Controls Regime
- Germany Export Controls Regime
- France Export Controls Regime
- Spain Export Controls Regime
- Netherlands Export Controls and Regulations